If you’ve done any research at all into health, you know that organ meats are some of the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat.
The problem is most people haven’t grown up eating them as a staple of their diet, and their palate hasn’t developed to crave them like you might a nice cut of filet mignon (myself included).
That’s why hiding liver in ground meat (like meatballs) is such a unique way to get all the health benefits of organ meats without any noticeable taste difference!
A good ratio to start with is 1/2 pound of liver added to 2 pounds of your favorite ground meat.
Italian Beef, Pork, & Liver MeatballsCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
I’ve adapted your classic Italian meatball for this recipe to be low-carb friendly packed with vitamins and minerals from veal liver. Trust me. If you give this keto meatball recipe a try, you’ll never fear liver again!
1 lb 80/20 Ground Beef (454 g)
1 lb Ground Pork (454 g)
½ lb Veal Liver (227 g)
⅓ cup Heavy Cream (80 g)
⅓ cup Coconut Flour (40 g)
½ cup Parmesan Cheese (50 g)
½ medium Onion (50 g)
3-4 cloves Garlic (20 g)
2 Eggs (100 g)
1-2 cups Tomato Sauce (454 g)
- Mince the onions and garlic, then shred the parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine
- Shape into balls and place onto a sheet pan
- Bake at 400 °F until they begin to brown and are fully cooked
- Simmer with tomato sauce and serve!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories850
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 63g 126%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.