In the 30-day weight loss meal plan, there’s a recipe for lemon cream mug cake that you can microwave and eat in minutes.
Wouldn’t you know, my microwave stopped working about a month ago.
Instead of running out to buy a new one, it was an opportunity to eliminate the microwave. I’ve considered this for a while; perhaps it was a sign.
Craving the combination of lemon and cream cheese, I decided to scale up that recipe from individual portions to bake a batch of 12 using a muffin pan.
The twist on this recipe is almond butter added to the “icing” giving it a slightly nutty complement.
Best of all, it comes in at 4 net carbs per muffin, making it the perfect light treat for any time of day.
Lemon Almond Butter Keto MuffinsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
My favorite thing about these lemon almond butter muffins is the balance. They aren’t overwhelmingly tart but have a citrus edge. The topping is slightly sweet using my favorite combo of erythritol/stevia, with a nice balance of creaminess and almond flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, and 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, ¼ cup erythritol, baking soda, salt, and stevia
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients, spoon into a greased 12-cup muffin pan
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- To make the icing, whip room temperature cream cheese, almond butter, ¼ cup erythritol, 1 tsp vanilla extract, salt, and stevia
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories217
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.